Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the National Public Health Laboratories under the Ministry of Health, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: National Laboratory Scientist, Grade 9
Number of vacancy: (1 position)
- Candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent with at least one (1) year work experience as a Laboratory Scientist
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Science and have served satisfactorily as Laboratory Scientist for two (2) years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects specimen appropriately.
- Performs laboratory assays / tests relevant to routine clinical diagnosis in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and in compliance to relevant international laboratory quality standards (e.g. Good Laboratory Practice - GLP).
- Ensures that laboratory equipment are in good working order and provide user maintenance as necessary.
- Monitor process parameters (e.g. temperature and humidity), equipment performance monitoring and safe working practices in the laboratory.
- Ensure proper documentation, collation and recording of laboratory data.
- Ensure test results are properly entered and signed.
- Work in compliance with all relevant Health and Safety standards according to standard regulations.
- Monitor the availability of laboratory supplies for the provision of a continuous service.
- With support from the Directorate of the National Public Health Laboratories, work with the OIC, Medical Doctor and RHTD to constantly improve the level and quality of laboratory service
- Significant experience working in a routine diagnostic laboratory
- Competence and understanding of Health and Safety rules and compliance
- Basic IT skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
The salary attached to the post is Grade 9 of the Government Integrated pay scale i.e. D73, 245 (Seventy-three thousand, two hundred and forty-five) per annum. Applicants should complete form (16B) available at the Records Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC), The Quadrangle, Banjul. Together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents to the said records office not later than 20th July, 2020 before 3:30pm.