Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the National Public Health Laboratories under the Ministry of Health, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: Blood Donor Recruitment Officer, Grade 7
Number of vacancies: (1 position)
- Candidate must obtain 5 WASSCE credits including English Language with a certificate in Medical Laboratory, Blood Transfusion Sciences or any related field
- Candidate must have not less than five (5) years work experience as a Blood donor recruiter in a recognized institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts individuals, businesses, and labour organizations to solicit blood donations from employees or members for nonprofit blood banking
- Develops lists of prospective donor groups by using organizational and professional, industrial listings and directories
- Contacts and visits prospective donor groups to discuss and explain requirements and benefits of participation in blood donor program
- Distributes promotional material and uses audio-visual aids to motivate groups to participate in blood-donor programs
- Keep records of organizations participating in blood donation programs
- Arranges specific date of blood collection for blood-donor group and confirms appointment in writing
- Records information for mobile blood collection unit, such as space available, staffing required and number of donor anticipated
- Consults blood bank records to answer questions, monitor activity or resolves problems of blood donor groups
- Collects data and prepares reports of blood-donor program and recruitment activities nationwide and reports to the Program Manager or Deputy Manager of NBTS.
- May identify donors with rare-type blood from blood-bank records and telephones donors to solicit and arrange blood donations
- Supervises and monitors the work of the blood donor recruiters and blood donor counselors nationwide and report to the Program Manager of NBTS
- Ability to speak at least two local languages
- Flexible and willing to work with communities
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Computer application skills (Microsoft Office)
The salary attached to the post is Grade 7 of the Government Integrated pay scale i.e. D51, 192 (Fifty-one thousand, one hundred and ninety-two dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available at the Records Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC), The Quadrangle, Banjul. Together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents to the said records office not later than 20th July, 2020 before 3:30pm.