Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, International Cooperation and Gambians Abroad – Marina Parade, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: Translator, Grade 8
Number of vacancy: (1 position)
- Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Translation or in Foreign Language (s) with fluency in English Language. They must also be able to speak at least two (2) other International languages.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Translation or in Foreign Language (s) with a minimum of at least one (1) year relevant work experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate verbal and written communications (messages, live speeches, voice recordings, documents etc.) from one language to another.
- Interpret verbal communications
- Authenticate documents
- Record interactions during meetings and conferences
- Good communication (verbal and listening) skills
- Good interpersonal skills
The salary attached to the post is Grade 8 of the Government Integrated pay scale i.e.D61, 884 (Sixty one thousand, eight hundred and eighty-four dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available at the Records Office of the Public Service Commission (PSC), The Quadrangle, Banjul. Together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents to the said records office not later than 3rd August, 2020 before 3:30pm