Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant positions available at the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Bertil Harding Highway, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR RESEARCH, GRADE 10
Number of vacancy: (1 position)
Duty Station: Women’s Bureau
- Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Research and Documentation/Integrated Rural Development Studies, Development Management/Studies or related fields with at least 3 years relevant work experience.
- Candidate must have served satisfactorily for at least two (2) years as a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaises with the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator in the setting up of a system for collection and analysis of gender-oriented statistics in conjunction with the Gambia Bureau of Statistics (GBOs) and other relevant Ministries.
- Works closely with individuals and institutions to organize training workshops and seminars within the context of the Social Dimension Adjustment (SDA)
- Assist in establishing and updating database on women, facilitate socio-economic research on Women in Development (WID) Gender and Development (GAD) and ensure that policy issues on WID and GAD issues are integrated into planning, programming and evaluation at all levels.
- Assist in quantifying women’s contribution in various fields and maintains basic data on women who have made outstanding contribution at national level.
- Monitors data collection to ensure that data are responsive to the changes in the situation of women.
- Draws and presents significant observation from data that would be of interest for planning purposes, with particular focus on published materials containing gender disaggregate information.
- Assist in the training of staff on research method and WID/GAD issues
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned to them by their supervisor.
The salary attached to the position is Grade 10 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D84, 651 (Eighty-four thousand six hundred and fifty-one dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) accessible on the Public Service Commission website www.psc.gov.gm or the Records Office at the Quadrangle, Banjul. Completed application forms with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the said records office not later than 24th December, 2020 before 3:30pm.