Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant positions available at the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Bertil Harding Highway, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: PROGRAMME OFFICER, GRADE 7
Noumber of vacancies: (3 positions)
Duty Station: Women’s Bureau
- Candidate must have BSc degree in Social Sciences, Diploma in Gender and Development or HND in Integrated Rural Development with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Candidate must have served satisfactorily for at least two (2) years as Enterprise Development Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates all women’s activities at Regional level and have close contact with the community members.
- Advises women groups on their activities and updates them on new technologies to improve skills in income generating activities.
- Represents the Executive Director in all regional workshops, seminars and committee meeting and on the Regional Committee (DCC) and taskforces.
- Liaises with regional development partners and other agencies in transferring managerial skills to VDCs/CBSs to enable them manage and monitor local programmes effectively and ensure that women’s issues addressed in their development programmes
- Conceptualizes, develop projects and promote awareness of the National Policy for the advancement of Gambian Women at grassroots level.
- Compiles and submits, on a monthly basis, reports on their fieldwork to the coordinator of projects and programmes
- Any other duties as may be assigned by their supervisors.
The salary attached to the position is Grade 7 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D51, 192 (Fifty-one thousand one hundred and ninety-two dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) accessible on the Public Service Commission website www.psc.gov.gm or the Records Office at the Quadrangle, Banjul. Completed application forms with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the said records office not later than 24th December, 2020 before 3:30pm.