Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant positions available at the Ministry of Women, Children and Social Welfare, Bertil Harding Highway, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT RESEARCH OFFICER, GRADE 7
Number of vacancy (1 position)
Duty Station: Women’s Bureau
- Candidate must have BSc degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualification in a relevant field with at least 2 years relevant work experience.
- Candidate must have served satisfactorily for at least two (2) years as Programme Officers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in quantifying women’s contribution in various fields and maintains basic data on women who have made outstanding contributions at national level
- Monitors data collection to ensure that data are responsive to the changes in the situation of women
- Draws and presents significant observation from data that would be of interest for planning purposes, with particular focus on published materials containing gender disaggregated information
- Assist in the training of staff on research method and WID issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned by their supervisors.
The salary attached to the position is Grade 7 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D51, 192 (Fifty-one thousand one hundred and ninety-two dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) accessible on the Public Service Commission website www.psc.gov.gm or the Records Office at the Quadrangle, Banjul. Completed application forms with Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the said records office not later than 24th December, 2020 before 3:30pm.