Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau
JOB TITLE: Senior Soil & Water Management Officer, Grade 9
Number of Vacancy: (1 Position)
- Candidate must possess MSc Degree in General Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Soil and Water Conservation, with at least three (3) year experience in soil and water management practices.
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as Soil and Water Management (SWM) officer for at least two (2) years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Survey, map, and classify soil and water bodies
- Advising on soil and water conservation practices
- Assist in the development of human resources
- Assist in the formulation of soil and water conservation plans
- Assist in the implementation of soil and water conservation policies and plans
- Assist in engineering surveys, designing of conservation structures, and evaluation of soil and water conservation
Salary attached to the position is Grade 9 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D73, 245 (seven-three thousand, two hundred and forty-five dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.