Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau
JOB TITLE: Horticultural Officer, GRADE 8
Number of Vacancy: (1 Position)
- Candidate must possess BSc Degree in General Agriculture, Horticulture, or other related disciplines with at least three (3) years of professional work experience in horticulture or general agriculture.
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as village Agric Development Promoter for at least two (2) years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the responsibility for all production aspects of horticultural crops as well as the coordination of horticultural services in the country
- Advise on horticulture for improved agricultural production and productivity in the country
- Advise on fertilizers and weed, pest and disease control methods
- Train farmers on plant protection and agro-chemical use
- Assist in the supervision of the distribution of horticultural inputs
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans and budgets and annual and quarterly progress reports
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of plant protection activities in the country
Salary attached to the position is Grade 8 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D61, 884 (six-one thousand, eight hundred and eighty- four dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.