Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau
JOB TITLE: Assistant Agricultural Engineer, Grade 7
Number of Vacancy: (4 Positions)
- Candidate must possess Diploma in Agricultural Engineering, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering, with at least with at least three (3) years relevant work experience
- Candidate must have two (2) years satisfactory service as Assistant Agricultural Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation of agricultural rural development programmes with reference to agricultural engineering;
- Assist in the review and formulation of policies relevant to Agricultural engineering sub-sector for incorporation into the ANR policy;
- Supervise data collection for the design, construction and installation of irrigation and other water control infrastructure
- Participate in the design, construction, installation and supervision of irrigation and other water control infrastructure;
- Assist in the supervision of fabrication and development of pre and post-harvest labor saving devices;
- Assist in the evaluation and improvement of introduced technologies;
- Liaise with Regional Agricultural Engineers and provide technical support;
- Supervise the training of operation on the use and management of pre and post-harvest machinery and equipment and coordinate its maintenance.
Salary attached to the position is Grade 7 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D51, 192 (fifty-one thousand, one hundred and ninety- two dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.