Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: Agricultural Assistant, Grade 6
Number of Vacancy: (10 Positions)
- Candidate must possess Diploma in General Agriculture or related fields plus 4 WASSCE/GCE O’Level including English and Agriculture with at least two (2) years relevant work experience
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as Trainee for at least one (1) year plus 4 WASSCE/GCE O’Level including English and Agriculture
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise agricultural censuses
- Collect data on agricultural produce and prices
- Analyze and present data on agricultural produce and prices
- Training of agricultural enumerators
- Assist in yield forecasting
- Assist in the periodic assessment of food situation in the country
- Assist in developing early warning systems
- Assist in devising food deficiency coping strategies
- Assist in the formulation of food balance sheets
Salary attached to the position is Grade 6 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D41, 213 (forty-one thousand, two hundred and thirteen dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16 A) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.