Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: Horticultural Assistant, Grade 6
Number of Vacancy: (1 Position)
- Candidate must possess Diploma in General Agriculture/Horticulture plus 4 WASSCE/GCE O’Level including English and Agriculture with at least two (2) year work experience
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as Trainee for at least one (1) year plus 4 WASSCE/GCE O’Level including English and Agriculture
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the responsibility for all production aspects of agricultural crops as well as the coordination of Horticultural Services (HS) in the country
- Assist in the formulation and implementation policy frameworks related to HS
- Assist in mobilizing resources for HS
- Assist in ensuring the judicious and appropriate use of agricultural chemicals for increased productivity without much damage to the ecosystem
- Advise on fertilizers and weed, pest and disease control methods
- Assist in the training and supervision of the HS members of staff
- Liaise with the NARI in the area of horticultural research in the country and dissemination of results to farmers.
- Assist in the supervision of the distribution of horticultural inputs
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans and budgets and annual and quarterly progress reports
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of plant protection activities in the country
Salary attached to the position is Grade 6 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D41, 213 (forty-one thousand, two hundred and thirteen dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16 A) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.