Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the Department of Agriculture under the Ministry of Agriculture, Cape Point, Bakau.
JOB TITLE: Mechanic, Grade 4
Number of Vacancy: (1 Position)
- Candidate must possess certificate in Mechanical, Automotive or Electrical (auto electrics) engineering with at least three (3) year work experience in maintenance and repair of vehicles and internal combustion engines
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as Tradesman with specialization in the field of vehicle maintenance and repair for at least two (2) year
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the planning of maintenance and repair activities of department vehicles and agricultural machines including tractors, power tillers and milling machines
- Participate in the design and manufacturing of labor-saving devices such as animal drawn implements
- Carry out assembling and testing of tractors and other agricultural machines
- Carry out maintenance and repair of vehicles and agricultural machines
Salary attached to the position is Grade 4 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D25, 725 (twenty-five thousand, seven hundred and twenty-five dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16 A) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.