Applications are invited from suitably qualified Gambians to fill the following vacant position available at the National Pharmaceutical Service under the Ministry of Health, the Quadrangle, Banjul.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Director of National Pharmaceutical Service, Grade 11
Number of Vacancy: (1 Position)
- Candidates must possess Master’s degree in Pharmacy or related fields plus a certificate in management with at least five (5) years’ experience in the field of Pharmacy.
- Candidate must serve satisfactorily as Principal Pharmacist for at least three (3) years
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director in the overall management of the Pharmaceutical Services.
- Assist the Director in the development and implementation of work plans and budget.
- Develop effective relationships with policy decision makers in relevant Ministry of Health Directorates and other stakeholder groups.
- Monitor and analyze current, planned and possible MoH policies and trends to understand the impact on the Pharmaceutical Services.
- Manage the day to day operations at the office in order to meet National Pharmaceutical Services’s strategic direction including ability to work, roster and supervise staff.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring performance targets for staff.
- Play key leadership role in addressing and achieving professional standards.
- Undertake role requirements in a manner that routinely reviews systems and processes in an attempt to continuously improve the way in which tasks are undertaken and services are provided.
- Prepare departmental performance report.
- Proactively manage human, financial and physical resources applicable to this role in accordance with the assigned delegation.
- Deputize the Director of Pharmaceutical Services in his/her absence.
Salary attached to the position is Grade 11 of the Government Integrated Pay Scale, i.e. D99, 209 (ninety-nine thousand, two hundred and nine dalasi) per annum.
Applicants should complete form (16B) available on the PSC website . Completed applications together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and other relevant documents should be submitted to the Records Office of the Public Service Commission, the Quadrangle, Banjul, not later than 29th September 2021, before 3:30pm.